Sunday 29 November 2009

Sickness

Still in limboland with neurology department - not helped by the fact that although I had been referred by my eye consultant 4 weeks ago, up until Thursday I was still not 'in the system' at the neuro clinic. My case was being reviewed on Friday, so naively expected a phone call that day with my appointment. Ha ha ha ha ha.
Apart from that, we are a house of sickness. I am still getting terrible headaches and dizziness, and my little one is now uncharacteristically quiet and subdued with a high temperature. Phoned NHS direct to ask about swine flu, but they did checklist with me and it was a case of 'computer says no'. So, another day off work tomorrow, and I still have all the Christingle costumes to sort out.......as well as half-term assessments.........display board......risk assessment for trip to the theatre......last week's marking from when I was off sick......so, the usual end of term, in other words.

In my efforts to counteract my lack of visual accuity, I am becoming obsessed with lighting. As well as a range of lamps, I have become addicted to Yankee candles, which actually give sodding energy-saving bulbs a run for their money in terms of brightness, but also smell heavenly. Favourites are French Vanilla, and Creme Brulee, just in case my Secret Santa is reading this.

On an altogether more positive note, I am starting Spanish conversation classes with the divinely named Angel on Thursday. All in anticipation for Seville in February, and proposed salsa trip to Barcelona in April (and again in July?). Life is short, school holidays are long. xx

3 comments:

  1. Yup I know all about falling out of the system...you have to keep on your toes with them. Sorry to hear Molly is not well. I hate those energy saving bulbs - they take ages to become bright and they do start to fade with age. I have a suggestion: look for light box sites - you can buy all shapes and sizes and also natural light lightbulbs which do what they say on the box - give a lovely pure natural light - great for reading, sewing, marking etc.
    I also adore Yankee Candles - I have a drawer full of them - buy them from QVC as they are generally cheaper than the stores. My favourites are Vanilla, Cinnamon, White Cotton - well all of them really. If you buy the little tartlets you can make all your cupboards smell gorgeous by just putting a tartlet in.
    Did you get to Latvia? Enjoy Seville - we are going to go this year - to Seville and Barcelona. That is weird because I too am starting Spanish with my friend Maico (who is Spanish) this week and also going on to Level 4 in British Sign Language.
    Had a good day today - walk in Holt Country Park with Kees, Grania and Treacle, then an Advent Service which was beautiful but the church was absolutely freezing, then back to Cley for Monopoly with Jim, Grania and Kees (Kees won - bloody accountant). Then supper of salmon, pasta with pesto, roasted courgettes and garlic followed by mince pies and cream (not for me - I hate mince pies). Three days and counting. Tomorrow highlights and roots, Tuesday builders coming to start some work on the house which they will continue whilst we are in France, Wednesday got to get up at 4.45 am to catch train from King's Lynn to King's Cross and then it's wheeeeeee through the tunnel, then onto the TGV and zooooooooooom down to Avignon. Hurray, hurray, another holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant next year for Seville and Barcelona! Now I am going to bed. Nite nite. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos of Riga are gorgeous. May I show them to my friend Gita because that is her home town?

    ReplyDelete