Sunday 1 November 2009

November blows

Today I have been thinking about what the doctor said about my scan. Mostly medical gobbledegook which I couldn't understand, but the words LESIONS and MS were plain enough. He kept going on about 'abnormalities' in my brain, which makes me feel deficient in some way! Strangely I have always thought my brain was the one thing I could rely on, and now it is letting me down. It is quite a surprise. Out of a fairly unhealthy family I have always prided myself on my physical health and taken measures to protect it - being a vegetarian, not doing too much naughty stuff, etc.

Apart from the bizarreness of thinking about my brain with my brain, it has been a windy, fun day. A trip up to London to see Lucy and exploring Spitalfields Market. Have got some Xmas prezzies already. Had to avoid thinking about Xmas 2 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Brains are a nuisance - they have a way of sneaking up on us and surprising/shocking us and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with how we treat our brains or our bodies. As I've written on my blog I don't understand it. I also led a healthy life-style - vegetarian for 16 years, vegan for six, used to play a lot of sports, have never abused it with bulimia or anorexia, alcohol (just the occasional over-indulgence!), occasional but not habitual drug experimentation, lots of sunshine, laughter and love. Yet some of the healthiest people I have known - my friend's husband did Yoga, was a veggie, cycled, walked into their house said 'hello' and dropped dead of a heart attack. People I know who lead extraordinarily unhealthy lives never seem to get anything (maybe there is something in pickling your liver, eating too much fat, doing no exercise). I don't bloody know. All I know is that I am pissed off you are sick, pissed off we are all dynsfunctional, pissed off I am sick, pissed off we don't understand each other and just generally pissed off. However, to paraphrase 'If in doubt, go to the hairdresser' and that's where I am going now.

    ReplyDelete